Tuesday, December 15, 2009

'Tis The Season?!?

A few days ago I began a culinary adventure that I had never really planned on taking.  On October 30th I purchased a rather large and beautiful pumpkin from a local farm with great plans of carving it and displaying it on our front porch.  But, as things often go when you are in the middle of a renovations,  I just never got around to my great plans for my great pumpkin.  
And so, my pumpkin sat and sat and sat. Being nicely preserved in my garage the pumpkin was still stilling there (in perfect condition) when I came across it last weekend.  "So," I thought to myself "I guess I'm making a pie".



So I got to work  Googling and going through my cookbooks and cooking blogs; and Wednesday after our first snow storm of the season I tackled my great pumpkin.  I chopped and scooped and baked. . .




. . .and then I scooped and mashed and blended and strained myself to 9.5 Litres of pumpkin puree!



Needless to say this week has now become an adventure in how to put pumpkin in everything!

Anyone out there in blog land have any ideas with what I can do with this pumpkin? 

So far I have made Pumpkin-Apple Soup and Pumpkin-Cranberry Bread.  This weekend I'm planning on baking some Pumpkin cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Icing and maybe a pie or 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment